Traditional Music Pubs of Ireland
Music is an extremely significant part of Ireland’s spirited atmosphere. Explore Ireland for 8-nights with this self-drive vacation!
8-Night Vacation Includes:
- Round-trip economy class airfare to Shannon (SNN)
- Automatic car rental for duration of stay
- 2-nights at the g Hotel in Galway
- 2-nights at the Carlton Hotel Kinsale or at an Irish Welcome Home of Choice
- 2-nights at the Dingle Skellig Hotel in Dingle or at an Irish Welcome Home of Choice
- 2 nights at the Old Ground Hotel in Ennis or at an Irish Welcome Home of Choice
Tours & Sightseeing:
- Full Irish breakfast daily
- All local taxes
- Hotel service charges
- Carrier and government taxes/fees/facility charges on airfare are included
- Gratuities and meals (other than noted) are not included
Your Irish vacation starts in Galway at the 5-star g Hotel. Galway is the perfect city to start your trip in because of its eclectic culture and vibrant atmosphere. Around the corner from the g Hotel is The Crane Bar where you can stop in for a pint and enjoy live music every night. This bar is renowned for its cozy atmosphere and the variety of concerts ranging from singer/songwriters to traditional roots music. Following Galway you’ll spend two nights in Kinsale at the Carlton Hotel. Kinsale is a quaint town where the streets are lined with enchanting restaurants and bars. About a 15-minute drive away you will find The Spaniard. This charming bar has a wide selection of fine wines to choose from paired with great Irish music.
Next up, take the drive to Dingle and enjoy two nights at the Dingle Skellig or Dingle Benners. You will be in County Kerry which is sprinkled with authentic Irish pubs. Take the ten minute drive over to John Benny’s Pub and soak in the live music with a delicious pint of Guinness.
Your final two nights will be at the Old Ground Hotel in Ennis, County Clare. While at the Old Ground Hotel, stop in to the on-site Poets Bar for a bite to eat and a pint. Clare has a magnetic music scene and you’ll be here for two nights so you will have time to visit a few different pubs. Visiting different traditional pubs will open your eyes to the captivating Irish music and you’ll be able to interact with the locals to learn a little bit more about the cities you’ll travel to!
Our Recommended Pubs in Ireland:
- The Crane Bar
- Tigh Coili
- Taaffes Bar
- An Spailpín Fánach, Cork City
- De Barra’s, Clonakilty
- The Spaniard, Kinsale
- An Droichead Beag (the Small Bridge), Dingle
- John Benny’s Pub, Dingle
- Courtney’s of Killarney
- McDermotts’ Pub, Doolin
- Gus O’Connor’s, Doolin
- Ciaran’s Bar, Ennis
- Poets Bar (right in Old Ground Hotel)
- Day 1: Depart the United States and board an overnight flight to Shannon Airport. Ireland is five hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time and most flights from New York to Shannon are about 7 hours long.
- Days 2 and 3: Welcome to the west coast of Ireland! You’ll collect your rental car and begin with two nights at the 5-star g Hotel in Galway, about an hour north of Shannon Airport. The g Hotel is a chic and modern establishment in the heart of this lively city. Galway is home to the majestic Dunguaire Castle that sits on the southeastern shore of Galway Bay. This castle is truly a vision that will take you right back to the 16th century. While in Galway you are also going to want to visit the stunning St. Nicholas’ Collegiate Church and the Galway Cathedral.
- Days 4 and 5: Following Galway you’ll spend two nights in Kinsale at the Carlton Hotel. Kinsale is located about three hours south of Galway one of the southern most cities in Ireland. About a fifteen minute drive away from this charming hotel you will find The Spaniard Bar. This delightful bar has a wide range of fine wines to choose from paired with great Irish music. Another authentic Irish pub to visit in Galway is the Tig Coili. This family run pub offers visitors a relaxed environment with a crowd made up of locals and tourists alike. During the warmer months you can take advantage of the seated area on the street.
- Days 6 and 7: Next, take the drive to Dingle and spend two nights at the Dingle Skellig. County Kerry is littered with authentic Irish pubs. Ten minutes away is John Benny’s Pub where you can enjoy a pint with live music. At some point during your time in Dingle you are going to take the short drive to Killarney. To get the most of the pub experience in Ireland you must visit Courtney’s in Killarney. It is about an hour’s drive but is one of the most famous and oldest pubs in Killarney. You’ll find an enormous selection of Irish and World Beers plus nightly gigs.
- Days 8 and 9: Following Dingle you will drive north along the coast to Clare for your final two nights at the Old Ground Hotel. This warm hotel has an on-site bar, the Poets Bar which can be a great place to unwind and relax. There are also several charming pubs nearby including McDermotts’ Pub or Gus O’Connor’s. With your rental car, taking a drive to neighboring areas is easy!
Day 10: Your Traditional Music Pubs of Ireland vacation ends today. Return your rental car at the Shannon Airport and return to America.
Music Theme River Cruises
Attend the annual Jazz Festival in Vienne, France in June on the Burgundy and Provence itinerary.
The Music Cruise on the Magnificent Europe itinerary in October. Excursions include a classical concert in Vienna, a visit to Mozart’s Salzburg birthplace, and the countryside where “the hills are alive with the sound of music.” The Opera Cruise in October will feature professional Canadian opera singers, who will perform on board a selection of works from the world’s most beloved operas.